About the Computing Help & Information Place (CHIP)
Provides services to meet the computing needs of uWaterloo faculty, staff and students.
Visit the CHIP
Room 1052 (basement) on the north side of the Mathematics & Computer Building.
View the campus map.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Call, email or chat
Contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP) for general computing questions including services, network and computer repairs.
- ext. 84357 (on campus)
- 519-888-4357 (off campus)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After hours and weekend help
Check out the Davis Centre Library IT Service Desk
Audio visual and Multimedia services
- Audio visual equipment loans - ext. 33257 or 33034
- Media loans and licensing with titles available on DVDs, VHS, streaming, etc. ext. 84070
- List of licensed software
- MSDN-AA for students
- Hardware repair drop-off and pick up
- PC/Mac troubleshooting - software, hardware, and wireless consultation
- XAS (Nexus) printing accounts
- Request Tracker (RT) system
- Exam processing
- CHIP self-serve facilities
- Helpful links
- FAQ at the CHIP
- 'How to' documents