In order to get access to your files located on a network drive, while you are having a presentation using a laptop with Wi-Fi connection, make sure your laptop is:
- Connected to Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- Connected to VPN
- If you accessing a network drive, make sure your drive is mapped
Connect to Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- Locate the network icon in the taskbar and go to the list of wireless networks and select eduroam and click connect.
- Enter your WatIAM followed by @uwaterloo.ca in the User name field (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example) and your WatIAM password in the Password field, then click OK.
Connect to VPN
If VPN client has not been already installed, download and install Any Connect VPN client first.
- Find the Any Connect VPN icon in the Taskbar Notification area (lower right corner).
- Click to Connect to VPN (cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca)
- Enter user name and password (WatIAM user name and password)
Map a network drive (Windows)
- In the Start menu, click Computer.
- In the next window, click Map Network Drive.
- In the Folder box, select letter “N” and type the path to the server:
- Click Reconnect at logon
- In the User name box, type your WatIAM ID: nexus\yourid
- In the Password box, type your WatIAM password, and then click OK.