Instructors wishing to use an e-classroom should contact their timetable or departmental booking representative.
The podium computers in electronic classrooms (e-classrooms) are connected to Nexus. You will need your username and password to login to the computers (if you need to obtain a Nexus account, contact the service desk in your faculty).
- You should make sure the applications you need are installed on the computer. You cannot install software on these podium computers.
- Want to request certain software be added to podium computers? Complete our E-classroom software request form.
- All podium computers have front access USB ports for memory sticks. Some memory sticks don't always fit so users may have to bring a USB extension cable.
- Obtaining a new fob: Please pick up a new fob from the IST Service Desk in the Davis Centre or in the Dana Porter Library. Once you have obtained your new fob, please submit a request to to have it registered.
- Activation of a new fob takes four hours
- Fobs can only be activated between 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. from Monday - Friday
- Assigning or changing access: Podium access can be assigned or updated via the myFob website, https://itms-pdupdate.uwaterloo.ca/myfob/ (authentication required).
- Lost or stolen fobs: A new fob can be obtained from any IST Service Desk. Please report your lost fob and register your new fob via the myFob website, https://itms-pdupdate.uwaterloo.ca/myfob/ (authentication required).
Instructors may wish to use their laptops in class. Connections are available at the podiums for hooking up laptops to the projection system. E-classrooms have access to the Internet via wired and wireless connections, but instructors should try it before class to ensure connectivity.
- All podium computers have CD/DVD players
- Some podiums have a separate DVD/VCR player in the podium