IST provides a central service to procure, implement, and provide ongoing support for information systems across the University. This work allows the University to: ensure departments are using supportable, enterprise-grade solutions to manage their day-to-day business and meet strategic objectives; manage risk on behalf of the University by managing vendors, feature requests, and bug reports; and to be efficient with University resources by identifying efficiencies between information systems that provide similar functionality. In addition to these benefits, providing a central service for implementation of information systems allows IST to assist departments on campus to navigate an implementation quickly and effectively, reducing the amount of time required to implement a new system that meets the needs of the department.
Through this work, IST may provide some of the following services:
- Strategic systems management – a long term view to meet evolving needs in end-to-end lifecycle of systems
- Production support
- Business/Systems Analysis
- Project management
- Technical risk analysis and mitigation
- .NET custom software development
- Consulting and advice for UWaterloo-specific information systems implementation processes
Who can use this service:
How to request this service:
Support for this service:
Costs may vary; please contact us for more details.
EC2 - East Campus 2
200 University Ave West