The IST Webstore provides access to most site-licensed software that requires internal cost recovery, and to no-cost campus licenses.
Access is limited to university employees.
All transactions are internal transfers that require a university account in the Unit4 system.
Most software is restricted to use for university business. Some software is restricted to university-owned machines.
The IST Webstore can be used to:
- purchase software using a university account number,
- assign software licenses to users or computers,
- download license files,
- initiate installation of software on managed machines, and
- get access to software installers on a network share.
See the list of Licensed software at the University of Waterloo.
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
- IT Support Staff
How to request this service:
- Faculty and staff working in faculties can purchase research licenses (graduate students can purchase with supervisor approval)
- Authorized academic support staff can purchase admin licenses
- Authorized IT Staff can purchase teaching licenses
Support for this service: