University of Waterloo faculty, staff and graduate students can now access web based training from Lynda.com using their WatIAM credentials.
- Just-in-time training, as in-class courses may not be offered when you need them
- Over 3000 online courses to help you learn software, creative, IT, and business skills
- Unlimited access to online courses available 24x7
Courses for all levels that cover technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more
Top experts who are passionate about teaching
Watch from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Switch back and forth as you choose
Create and save lists of courses you want to watch, and share them with friends or colleagues
Lynda.com training complements IST's Skills for the Electronic Workplace (SEW) program. For example, you may want to learn Microsoft Excel in a lab setting through the SEW program and then learn more advanced features as you need them through Lynda.com. Lynda.com is also an excellent resource to learn about the new features in an application.
Note: Accounts are not for ongoing course work.
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
How to request this service:
Faculty, staff, graduate students and co-op students on a work term at the University of Waterloo can access Lynda.com.
- Go to Lynda.com.
- Click Sign in link in top right corner.
- Click Sign in with your organization.
- Enter www.uwaterloo.ca and click Continue.
- You will be redirected to the University of Waterloo sign in page (CAS). Enter your WatIAM ID and password and click Log in.
Undergraduate students can request a Lynda.com account for a two week period by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Average length of time to complete request:
For undergraduate students, one working day if Lynda accounts are available, and 5-12 working days if all Lynda accounts have been allocated.
Support for this service:
Contact the IST Service Desk or call 519-888-4357.
EC2 - East Campus 2
200 University Ave West