The Media Resources library houses a collection of approximately 9,500 physical resources (i.e. DVD's) and some other media formats (e.g. 16mm and VHS formats), and also provides access to over 20,000 streaming titles. The collection is intended to supplement the University of Waterloo's academic curriculum and research needs.
- The full media catalogue is available online.
- List of available streaming websites.
- This is a self-service tool that allows you to search for and access the available resources without support from the IST Service Desk. If a title is available in the streaming catalogue, it is available for use in your class (you are not required to request use of the resource).
- The most commonly requested media resources can be signed out from the IST Service Desk located in the Davis Centre (DC) Library.
- The remaining 9,000+ physical resources, which includes DVD’s not used in the past 24 months, and other media formats (e.g. 16mm and VHS), will be kept in storage, and may be signed out from the IST Service Desk located in the Davis Centre (DC) Library, with 24 hours’ notice.
- Inter-university loan of physical resources is available with two weeks' notice required to obtain materials from other universities.
A DVD player and viewing room is also available for student use in the Davis Centre (DC) Library. Note: students are not allowed to sign out materials to take home.
Information on booking an Operator (student projectionist).
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
How to request this service:
Minimum notice to use service:
24 hours' for archived or less common titles.
Support for this service:
DC - William G. Davis Computer Research Centre
200 University Avenue WestWaterloo ON N2L 3G1