This service is provided by means of Qualtrics Insight Platform - a powerful enterprise-class survey system.
Guidelines for use
Qualtrics may be used by all University of Waterloo employees and graduate students for both academic and non academic purposes. Before considering a non academic survey, please consult with Institutional Analysis and Planning (IAP).
Users of Qualtrics Online Surveys must:
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance
- Ensure consistency with University policy, guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure their surveys are in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements and legislation.
- Survey developers should note that some Qualtrics question types do not meet common accessibility requirements. Qualtrics includes a tool that survey developers can use to check their survey for possible accessibility issues.
- Ensure compliance with Qualtrics terms of service.
- Create questionnaires from scratch or use pre-made questionnaires.
- Edit questionnaires by selecting from a vast library of question types and response options.
- Incorporate skip patterns and other types of logic.
- Provide anonymous links or send emails with unique links for each respondent for tracking and sending reminder emails.
- Produce and edit reports with tables and graphs that can be exported in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or PDF formats.
- Download data to Excel or SPSS for additional analysis.
- Data is stored in a Canadian data center and backed up in Canada.
- File upload add-on that allows respondents to upload files with their survey responses.
Accounts are limited to sending out a maximum of 10,000 email messages in a 10 day period (i.e. the total number of survey invitation, reminder and thank-you messages is capped at 10,000 in any 10 day period). This cap can be increased for specific accounts for specific time periods if necessary. To have the cap increased please contact IST Qualtrics support.
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
How to request this service:
To create your UWaterloo Qualtrics account.
- Go to https://uwaterloo.qualtrics.com
- Log in with your Nexus/WatIAM userid and password
- Select ‘I don’t have a Qualtrics account’ (there is a legal notice you will need to accept to continue).
- Set the correct time zone for your Qualtrics account:
- Profile (icon-top right corner ) -> Account Settings -> User Settings -Change Time Zone ->select “(GMT -05:00) Eastern time (US & Canada)
Support for this service: