Maintenance note: Qualtrics will be undergoing maintenance from Monday, August 14 to Friday, August 18. All created surveys will still be accessible; however users will not be able to login to the site or create/edit surveys during the maintenance window.
This service is currently a pilot.
This service is provided by means of Qualtrics Insight Platform - a powerful enterprise-class survey system.
Guidelines for use
Use of Qualtrics Online Surveys is limited to University of Waterloo staff, faculty, and graduate students for academic and research use only.
Users of Qualtrics Online Surveys must:
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance; ensure consistency with University policy and guidelines; best practice. All UWaterloo surveys must follow guidelines provided by the Office of Research Ethics.
- Ensure their surveys are in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements and legislation.
- Survey creators should note that some Qualtrics question types do not meet common accessibility requirements. Qualtrics includes a tool that survey creators can use to check their survey for possible accessibility issues.
- Ensure compliance with Qualtrics terms of service.
- Inform IST Qualtrics support if you are leaving the University of Waterloo or if the site is no longer required for any reason.
- Create questionnaires from scratch or use pre-made questionnaires.
- Edit questionnaires by selecting from a vast library of question types and response options.
- Incorporate skip patterns and other types of logic.
- Provide anonymous links or send emails with unique links for each respondent for tracking and sending reminder emails.
- Produce and edit reports with tables and graphs that can be exported in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or PDF formats.
- Download data to Excel or SPSS for additional analysis.
- Data is stored in a Canadian data center and backed up in Canada.
Accounts are limited to sending out a maximum of 10,000 email messages in a 10 day period (i.e. the total number of survey invitation, reminder and thank-you messages is capped at 10,000 in any 10 day period). This cap can be increased for specific accounts for specific time periods if necessary. To have the cap increased please contact IST Qualtrics support.
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
How to request this service:
To create your UWaterloo Qualtrics account.
- Go to https://uwaterloo.qualtrics.com
- Log in with your Nexus/WatIAM userid and password
- Select ‘I don’t have a Qualtrics account’ (there is a legal notice you will need to accept to continue).
Support for this service: