University of Waterloo site licensed software: Microsoft campus agreement FAQ
- What is included in the Desktop Campus with Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) agreement?
- Who is eligible under this agreement?
- What is the charge for this software?
- Can this software be used on home machines?
- What does “upgrade only” mean for Windows?
- Is this software available for all University of Waterloo campuses?
- How is this software being distributed?
- I am an ancillary area, am I entitled to the software?
- What programs are included in Office Pro Plus?
- How does the licensing work for a virtual environment?
- Can I install the Mac office on my home machine?
- Can the Windows OS be installed on a Mac?
- Office 2013 & 2016 Pro Plus - 32 and 64 bit - and Office 2016 for Mac
- Windows 7, 8 Enterprise upgrade only - 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education upgrade only
- Software Assurance including upgrade rights
And the following CAL’s
- Windows Server Standard and Rights Management CAL
- Exchange Server Standard and Enterprise CAL
- SharePoint Server Standard and Enterprise CAL
- Skype for Business Standard and Enterprise CAL
- System Center Configuration Manager and End Point Protection license
- Advanced Threat Analytics CAL
All full-time and part-time faculty, staff and grad students are eligible. Please note that undergrads are not included, but student labs are.
For University owned machines the software is being paid by the University of Waterloo with no charge to the end user.
Office 365 Pro Plus allows up to 5 installs of Office 365 Pro Plus on work and personal devices at no cost. Users can get their copy for home use by logging into http://office.com/ with their O365 credentials. Please note that you will need to activate your O365 account. Please note that Windows is not available for personal machines.
You must have an OS currently on your machine in order to use the campus agreement windows software. Microsoft suggests that you buy your machine with the cheapest OS such as Home Edition. Although this is an upgrade license, the actual install has to be a clean install.
This agreement is for campuses in North America only. If you are travelling outside of North America and have the software on a laptop, that is acceptable.
The software is available for download on the IST Webstore.
Yes, you are.
Office Pro Plus includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, InfoPath, and SharePoint Workspace. Also Office Web App to use the web versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
For each physical machine, you may have up to four virtual instances on a desktop computer.
Yes, please see information on O365 above.
Yes, as the Mac OS is considered a legal operating system.