WCMS Web Forms are secure, on-campus forms included with your WCMS website. The WCMS is the centrally-supported website creation and maintenance tool at the university.
Guidelines for use
Users of WCMS Web Forms must:
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance
- Ensure consistency with University policy, guidelines, and best practices.
- The University of Waterloo collects personal information in accordance with its policies and the rules set out under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Please take into consideration the type of information being collected.
- Select from many different web form component types.
- Use conditional rules to show/hide specific form components depending on previous selection.
- Use validation rules to limit or control the information users can enter in a field.
- Ability to set submission access to specify specific groups/roles that can submit to the Web form.
- Ability to create a passcode-protected web form.
- Ability to display a progress bar and/or preview page.
- Take users to a confirmation page or specified URL.
- Set submission limits (total or per user).
- Create fillable PDF forms including serial number PDFs.
- Ability to send a customized confirmation email to users.
- Receive submissions by email to specified email addresses.
- View, analyze, or export the Web form results as Microsoft Excel file or delimited text.
Web forms for WCMS sites
Resources, support, and training
Who can use this service:
- Graduate Students
- IT Support Staff
How to request this service:
Average length of time to complete request:
General WCMS inquiries are normally responded to within one business day.
Support for this service:
Training and documentation:
EC2 - East Campus 2
200 University Ave West