IQC inspires the next generation of quantum-aware scientists, engineers and leaders who will pioneer the technologies of tomorrow through educational programs and outreach activities designed for youth from K to 12, as well as at the undergraduate level.
High school students
- Apply for the Quantum Cryptography School for Young Students - a unique eight-day enrichment program on the cutting-edge field of quantum cryptography.
- Visit the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) with your class.
- Participate in a classroom workshop at your school.
- Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing is a two-week program on the theoretical and experimental study of quantum information science.
- Undergraduate Research Awards provide undergraduate students the opportunity to work with a faculty member or research assistant professor for a term.
Enrichment programs, K to 12
- IQC works in partnership with enrichment programs for youth of all ages, providing quantum workshops for University of Waterloo Let’s Talk Science, Catalyst, IDEAS Summer Experience, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Shad Valley, Zoom Career Day, and Waterloo Unlimited.
Watch as Senior Manager, Outreach, Martin Laforest educates and entertains young minds with the wonders of science during the Quantum kids science show.