Parks and trails
The City of Waterloo offers more than 150 kilometres of scenic off-road multiuse trails and bikeways (PDF) which take you through parks, woodlands, creeks corridors, the uptown core and more.
Waterloo also offers several parks and greenspaces (PDF). Waterloo Park is closest to the university, located just south of main campus. Waterloo park offers 111 acres of parkland and a wide variety of amenities including the Eby Farmstead, picnic areas and rental sports facilities.
Uptown Waterloo is home to over 400 businesses as well as a vibrant public square. Uptown Waterloo offers a variety of restaurants, bars, retail services and other amenities for you to enjoy during your visit. Check the event calendar for information on festivals, concerts, markets and other events happening in the uptown area.
Waterloo has several historical walking tours. Uptown offers three self-guided historical walking tours.
- The Lake Walk, a walk around Silver Lake and Waterloo Park (15 minutes)
- The North Walk, a walk though Uptown Waterloo (30 minutes)
- The South Walk, a walk though Waterloo’s old and new parks and Uptown Waterloo (20 minutes)
- Conestoga Mall
- Waterloo Central Railway
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
- Village of St. Jacobs
- St. Jacobs Farmers' Market
- The Museum