This page contains information specific to students at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC).
Information for graduate students
As a graduate student of the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) you have resources available to you at both IQC and your home department at the University of Waterloo.
Graduate studies contacts
If you are looking for information related to course registration, degree requirements or general programing, the following people are a great place to start.
|Director of Graduate Studies||John Watrous|
|Graduate Program Co-ordinator||Jessica Parris|
Physics and Astronomy
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Judy McDonnell|
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Margaret Towell|
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Cynthia Bratan|
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Kim Rawson|
Electrical and Computer Engineering
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Jackie Leach|
Combinatorics and Optimization
|Graduate Co-ordinator||Melissa Cambridge|
Training and professional development
The University of Waterloo has a myriad of resources available to graduate students to support professional development and academic preparedness.
- GRADVenture provides a one-stop-shop for professional development resources for graduate students.
- Student Success Office offers programming for Graduate Students, including an on-site international student advisor.
Graduate student life
Graduate school can be a very rewarding and challenging experience. There are services available for your physical and mental health, as well as having some fun.
- Counselling Services offers individual non-judgemental resources to all University of Waterloo students as well as specific Group Therapy sessions for graduate students.
- Health Services provides medical care for all University of Waterloo students.
- IQC Graduate Students Association keeps a Facebook page current with upcoming events.
- Check out the details of our graduate studies program
- Learn more about the research happening at IQC
- Look up potential supervisors and their areas of expertise
- Find out what courses are available
- Learn more about available scholarships
- Check the event calendar for upcoming seminars, colloquiums, lectures and conferences
- Find the IQC member you're looking for
- Look up the latest publications
|Conferences and events||Kimberly Kuntz (Simmermaker)|
|Communications help and logos||Jodi Szimanski|
|Outreach activities||Martin Laforest|
|Technical assistance||IT staff|
At IQC we do have a two-week program available for undergraduates that occurs in the spring term. Find out more about the Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing (USEQIP).
You may also be interested in working with a faculty member for a whole term with an Undergraduate Research Award.