The Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) hosts researchers of many levels of expertise working in quantum information science. If you are a researcher interested in visiting IQC, please fill in the visitor form.
If you are a student interested in visiting IQC or a researcher interested in a short-term visit to IQC, you are encouraged to first contact a faculty member within IQC with whom you wish to work.
Please note that some visitors may encounter delays and problems to to immigration regulations - last-minute requests may not be possible to accommodate for this reason.
Information for visitors
- Travelling to IQC
- Visitor visa
- Where to eat
- Internet access
- University of Waterloo travel policy
The Institute for Quantum Computing is located in the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre in the heart of the University of Waterloo campus.
- Region of Waterloo International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
- Maps and directions to the university campus
- Car rental
- Airways Transit
- Waterloo Taxi or City Cabs or United Taxi
- Bus routes
Once you're here
- Campus map
- Parking at the University of Waterloo
- Facilities and labs
- University Health Insurance Plan
Please note that citizens of some countries may need a visa to enter Canada. If you need a visa, please register early. You may need the confirmation letter of acceptance to the conference for a visa application.
The Immigration Canada website has more information.
- Boardwalk Homes
- Delta Waterloo
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Waterloo/St. Jacobs
- Hotel Laurier (summer only)
- St. Jacobs Country Inn
- St. Paul's
- University of Waterloo Conference Centre (summer only)