The Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) hosts researchers of many levels of expertise working in quantum information science. If you are a researcher interested in visiting IQC, please fill in the visitor form.
If you are a student interested in visiting IQC or a researcher interested in a short-term visit to IQC, you are encouraged to first contact a faculty member within IQC with whom you wish to work.
Please note that some visitors may encounter delays and problems to to immigration regulations – last-minute requests may not be possible to accommodate for this reason.
Information for visitors
- Travelling to IQC
- Visitor visa
- Where to eat
- Internet access
- University of Waterloo travel policy
The Institute for Quantum Computing is located in the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre in the heart of the University of Waterloo campus and the Research Advancement Centre, located on the north part campus.
- Region of Waterloo International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
- Maps and directions to the university campus
- Car rental
- Airways Transit (airport shuttle service)
- Waterloo Taxi or City Cabs or United Taxi
- Boulevard limousine
- Grand River Transit and ION light rail (e.g., local bus and light-rail transit services)
Once you're here
- Use Waterloo's campus map to get to where you need to go
- Find details on parking costs and where to park on campus and view a map of visitor lots
- Explore IQC's facilities and labs
Please note that citizens of some countries may need a visa to enter Canada. If you need a visa, please register early. You may need the confirmation letter of acceptance to the conference for a visa application.
The Immigration Canada website has more information.
Find a comfortable place to stay while you're visiting IQC. Below are some options for on- and off-campus accommodations.
- Boardwalk Homes
- Delta Waterloo
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Waterloo/St. Jacobs
- Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs
- St. Paul's University College guest rooms and conferences (on campus)
- University of Waterloo Conference Management (summer only)
- Hotel Laurier (summer only)
Whether it's a cup of coffee or fine dining, you can find to curb any craving both on and off campus.
Stay connected while you're visiting IQC and on campus by accessing Waterloo's wireless internet.