Who to call in an emergency

Dial 911 in an emergency

In an emergency you should contact the local police force, Waterloo Regional Police Service, by dialling 911 from any phone. You can also make a 911 call to ask for an ambulance or the fire department.

On campus safety and security

In addition, the University of Waterloo has a Campus Police service. At the University, UW Police handle security matters and are available 24 hours a day. Call them at 519-888-4911.

You can take an active role in your personal safety and security on campus by downloading the WatSAFE app. The app will help you stay informed of campus safety and emergency situations. You can also purchase safety whistles from stores across campus.

During the evening hours, the campus emergency phones and the Safety Office also help ensure your safety. 

Personal safety

You and your dependants have the right to freedom from sexual harassment, discrimination, racism and prejudice. If you feel you've been the victim of any offence, contact Counselling Services at 519-888-4567 ext. 32655, the Conflict Management and Human Rights Office, and/or police services as soon as possible.

Counselling Services provides a list of emergency numbers.