About the program
Students gather in small groups with native English-speaking facilitators to practice conversation, learn about everyday Canadian culture and connect with other students. Classes include:
- learning about idioms and Canadian slang
- conversation techniques, small talk and introductions
- small group discussions and pair work
- lots of opportunity for student input and questions
Each session of the Fall 2016 English Conversation Circle will run for five weeks. Classes are on Mondays from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Session 1: September 19 - October 24 (no class the week of October 10, Thanksgiving and Fall study days)
- Session 2: October 31 - November 28
If you are looking for other ways to improve your conversational English skills, try attending a Babble Cafe or Throwback Thursday, hosted by the International and Canadian Student Network (ICSN), a Federation of Students service.
Please contact Chao Yang, English Language Teaching Associate, with any questions or concerns.