We have an experienced and dedicated team of advisors that are happy to assist you during your time at the University of Waterloo. All of our International Student Advisors are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. All consultations with the International Student Advisors are confidential.
International Student Advisor hours:
- Monday to Friday, 12:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
You can ask International Student Advisors questions about:
You must bring your passport, Temporary Resident Visa (Canada Visa), study permit, and work permit (if you have one) when you visit us for immigration advising.
- Study permit (students in Canada)*
- Working on and off campus
- Co-op work permit
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- Post-graduation work permit
- Permits for spouse/common-law partner and/or children in Canada
- Inviting family to visit
- University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)
- Federation of Students (Feds)/Graduate Student Association (GSA) Health and Dental Plan
Other government resources
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) inquiries
- Provincial photo identification inquiries
- Pre-arrival questions
- Cultural adjustment to Canada
- Referrals to campus resources
*New, incoming students outside of Canada with study permit questions should visit the Government of Canada immigration website.