Emergency contact

Who to call in an emergency

Step 1:

For immediate assistance contact the University of Waterloo Police at 1-519-888-4911. Access is available 24 hours/day.

Step 2:

Inform the University of Waterloo Police of the specific details of your situation and the name of your supervisor/co-op advisor/Study Abroad Coordinator.

Step 3:

The police will put you in touch with the right people who can help you.

Federal government help

The government of Canada also provides emergency services. For urgent assistance abroad call collect 1-613-996-8885 to reach the Emergency Watch and Response Centre, or email sos@international.gc.ca, or access online.