Why wait until graduation to work and travel abroad?
University of Waterloo’s co-operative education (co-op) program is a world leader in size and innovation. Alternating on-the-job training with traditional in-class learning, as an international co-op student, you will:
- Gain valuable, diverse international career experience before graduation.
- Become more marketable in multicultural and global job markets.
- Make networking connections that lead to jobs later.
- Apply your classroom knowledge to real-life situations.
- Get paid (potential co-op earnings by graduation: $43,000 to $83,000 in Canadian funds.)
Take advantage of everything co-op offers – but do it working in Hong Kong, Dubai, Italy, the U.S. or anyplace else you want to go. Take a look at the incredible photos taken by other international co-op students on their work terms.
As an international employer, you win too. Waterloo co-op students are enthusiastic, committed employees who transfer forward-looking academic knowledge to your business or organization. They bring new insights to your business and community. No wonder 5,200 employers around the world have hired Waterloo co-op students.
2,010 co-op students work abroad each year.