There is no evidence that size matters in terms of better governance.
- Dennis Dresang -
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) serves as a focal point for and provides leadership and stewardship for a number of key IT practices related to portfolio, project and service management. We accomplish this by providing resources and expertise to groups within Information Systems & Technology (IST) and the broader campus community. Our scope of responsibilities includes such activities as:
- Direct the prioritization, coordination and risk mitigation of the project portfolio through approved IT governance.
- Facilitate the development and ongoing evolution of the IT Strategic and Annual Plan.
- Coordinate the development of key frameworks such as Risk and Resource Management.
- Advance our project and program management practice through the standardization and adoption of formal PM methodologies, tools and process.
- Evolve the principles and practice of service management and service quality in key areas such as incident, release and change management.
- Aug. 14, 2018
A new website has been launched to support the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Community of Practice (CoP) professional development series. Community members can visit the site to learn more about project and portfolio management; explore (and share their own) project and portfolio resources, tools, and templates; and discover how they can engage with other community members.