Topic: New Student Printing Initiative
Date: Friday Mar 21, 2014
Time: 9:00 am – 9:45 am
Room: MC 2009
Speakers: Bill Baer (IST), Randy Dauphin (Retail Services), Donald Duff-McCracken (Environment), Lowell Williamson (AHS)
A new student print management is being piloted this term with two faculties and various public Xerox multi-functional printers. The project promises to improve the delivery of services to students, simplify the process of supporting printing, and provide tangible green IT benefits. This new system will, for the first time, provide direct deductions from WatCard for student printing (bypassing the need to use a 'printing account') and further simplify the printing from student owned devices.
This promises to be an exciting project and the team will share information on:
- The origins and need of the project
- The print management software and its features
- The piloting of the project in the Faculty of Environment, AHS and elsewhere on campus
- The partnership between Retail Services, the Faculties and others
- On future participation in this project
- Demo of the PaperCut's print management system
This seminar will be webcasted/recorded.