The Calendar tool allows you to manage course-related events. Instructors can add important dates specific to their course such as due dates, office hours or exam information.
Calendar can be accessed from the system homepage or your course by clicking it in the system navbar along the top of Waterloo LEARN.
Note: Entries must be made from within a course.
- Accessing the Calendar Tool
- Navigating the Calendar Tool
- Adding a New Event
- Searching the Calendar Tool
To access the calendar tool from the system homepage, click the link in the navbar or from your course click the Calendar link in the widget on your course homepage.
Once you are in the Calendar Tool you can change the tabs along the top to view Calendar entries by Agenda, Day, Week, Month or List. By selecting the All Calendars link you will see calendars for all the courses you have access to as well as the option to remove a course calendar from your view. If you would like to remove a calendar from your view, click the All Calendars link and then click the x to remove the unwanted course Calendar.
From this page you can also move through days, weeks or months by clicking the blue arrows to the right of the date or date range.
Once you have entered the Calendar tool via your course you will see options to Create an Event, Set Due Dates, or Import Events.
- To create and event click the Create Event button in the calendar tool. This will take you to a new page where you can populate the specific details for the new event.
- Here you will see an option to Add Content to the event, use this if the event you are creating is specific to content within your course. Note: this will not add a date to the module content chosen.
- If you are not associating the Event with content skip this step and Enter Event Title, include a Description of the event (optional), determine the users who will have access to this event by choosing Everybody in the Course Offering or by clicking the Add a Group/Section that already exists in the course.
- To add the date you want the event to appear on, click the date box to reveal a Calendar and select the date. Repeat this step for the Event End date/time.
- If this event will repeat you can click the Add Recurrence box and set the recurrence for the event.
- Restrictions can also be placed on events by clicking the Add Restriction button and effectively determining the visibility of the event.
Set Due Dates
Click Set Due Dates to add dates to content module(s) within your course. Note: Using this option will apply the chosen due date to the content module selected.
Importing events can be done by clicking the Import Events link and navigating to the iCal file that you want to import.
To search for a specific event in your calendar, enter the event title in the search box, located in the top right hand corner, and click the search icon. All events matching the search field will be displayed in list view.