Email has been streamlined in Waterloo LEARN so that instructors may have easy access to the Classlist for communicating with their rosters and TAs. After the initial email has been sent, all subsequent correspondence as a result of that email take place through your email client of choice (forwarding setting on your WatIAM account)
Email can be accessed from the minibar along the top of your LEARN system homepage.
Email can also be accessed from the course level by selecting the Connect drop down menu and then selecting Classlist.
- Using the tabs along the top of the roster list, filter your display (e.g., if you are sending an email to all of your students, select Students)
- Select the Email Classlist button to access the email client within LEARN.
- If you wish to email a particular section in your course, use the drop down menu beside the View By option to further filter your selection
Note: You may also email individuals by selecting the check box to the left of their name and choosing the Email icon (found just above the list of students on the left hand side).
- To reduce the likelihood of students spamming the class, email addresses are placed in the Bcc: field. It is recommended that instructors place their own email address in the To: field so that a copy of the outgoing email can be also saved in the instructor's default email client of choice.
Note: Email received from Waterloo LEARN is flagged in the subject line as originating from the system. You may wish to use filters on your email client to direct all course correspondence into a separate folder. Please speak to your faculty computing office as they can assist you with creating those filters.
To find sent mail:
- Select the Email hyperlink from the envelope icon in the Minibar
- Select the Sent Mail box from the left hand panel of the email client
- Filter by All Messages to see previously sent email.
Note: Sent mail cannot be filtered by course and is only visible when All Messages is selected.
Note: At present, we do not have a policy for archiving email, so all email sent from previous terms will be available even after the term has been completed.
Email users on your Classlist outside of LEARN can be done by downloading your classlist from Quest and using your email client to contact your students.