- What Browsers are supported?
- How do I request a course to be created?
- Why is my Course empty?
- When are my courses activated and disabled for the term?
- How do I add TAs to my course?
- How long will my course appear on my LEARN homepage?
- How often are class rosters updated?
- How do I transfer course content from one term to another?
- How can I see what a student sees when viewing my course?
- How can I get a class listing that can be used for maintaining marks outside of LEARN?
- How can I get a member list of all the teams within my course?
Please see system requirements
Contact email@example.com with the course information. Please provide us with the section numbers and any cross-listing information associated with the requested course. Instructors are also able to request their own courses by accessing https://learntools.uwaterloo.ca/ and requesting the course.
By default, all requested course shells are empty. To add content to your course please see: Copying course content.
By default, courses that are using LEARN are activated the morning of the first day of classes for the term in which they are being taught. Courses from the previous term are disabled on that day, just prior to the activation of the new term rosters. While this is the default setting, instructors may elect to release courses prior to, or later than, the first day of classes. To request an early release or extension, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps for Instructors to add a TA:
- Access the Connect menu
- Select Classlist
- Add a Participant
- Add existing user
- Search for the TA
- Check the box beside the user name
- Choose an access level (TA level 1.5, 2, 3, or 4)
- Enrol Selected Users
Instructors can also have TAs added by emailing email@example.com and including the following information: Course, Section Number, Term, Instructor Name, TA Name(s), Student ID Number(s) and TA uwuserid(s).
Please indicate the level of access the TA(s) will require.
By default, courses are kept on instructors’ LEARN homepages for a year (3 terms) after the term of offer. A snapshot is taken of the course a month after the course has been taught and archived (content only is archived, not student data). At the end of the 3 terms, the courses are removed from the instructors’ LEARN homepage.
Class rosters are updated daily at 7:30am, 11:40 am, 4:40 pm, 8:40 pm, 12:40 am.
- Click the Edit Course link on your course navigation bar.
- Click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Copy Components from Another Org Unit and click the Add Selected button
- Find the course you are copying content from in the dropdown menu.
- Select all Components or choose the individual items to copy within a component.
- Click Continue.
- If you need to modify what you are copying you can do this now otherwise click Finish.
- Wait until all selections have a green checkmark to the left.
- Click Done.
- Click Connect
- Click Classlist
- Click the Test Student tab
- Click the down arrow to the right of the test students name
- Click Impersonate
- Click yes in the pop-up window
- To return to your own view click the Test Student's name in the top right hand corner and click the X
If you would like to maintain your grades outside of LEARN you can export your grades.
- Click the grades tab
- Click Enter Grades
- Click the Export Grades link
We are currently working on a tool that will allow for the exporting of team list.