Part A - Exporting groups from LEARN course
Note: groups must already exist in the LEARN course.
- Create the groups in your LEARN course using the normal steps.
- Copy the Course Offering code (e.g. 430402)
- Go to https://learntools.uwaterloo.ca/Home and login if your account information is not passed from LEARN automatically.
- Select courses
- Select Group Memberships
- In the Export section (top part of the page) enter the course offering code (e.g. 430402) and click the export button.
Part B - Creating Sets in ATLAS:
- Click the ATLAS LTI link in the LEARN course.
- Once in ATLAS, click the Sets button
- Click the Set wizard
- Check the “Import a list of users into new or existing sets using a CSV format”
Note: Import is really copy and paste, there is no location in PebblePad to upload a file to generate a set.
- Click continue
- Next you will have to modify the export file from Part A by removing all columns except group and username.
- Group should be the first column and username is the second column.
- Paste these two columns into the ATLAS window that is visible after you clicked continue in step 5
- Click continue
- Confirm groups are accurate and match what you pasted in step 7.
Note: If you are restricting a TA to only see one group, the TA must be enrolled in the ATLAS workspace as a Tutor, Lead Tutors can see all groups.
LEARN roles that map to the Tutor role: TA level 2, TA level 3. If a TA level 4 is added to LEARN and demoted to a Tutor in ATLAS the LTI will overwrite this permission and the TA will be converted back to a Lead Tutor in ATLAS and will be able to see all groups, not just their own group.