The Content tool is used to organize course materials such as the syllabus, lecture notes, readings, presentations, videos, resources, and activities.
From the course navigation bar click the link to Content.
After clicking the Content link on the course navigation bar, you will be taken to the Table of Contents page. Click the Table of Contents link for an overview of the modules, sub-modules, and topics (e.g., files, links to external websites, links to activities, etc.) in your course.
Click a specific module below the Table of Contents link to view only the sub-modules and topics within that module.
From the Table of Contents page, click the link to the topic you want to view.
There are a number of options for navigating content from the topic’s page.
- Use the Next and Previous arrows in the top-right corner to navigate between topics in a module. When you reach the end of the module, you will be taken back to the Table of Contents page.
- Use the breadcrumbs in the top-left corner to return to the Table of Contents page.
- Click the tab on the left-hand side of the page to open an expandable panel that will allow you to navigate to other topics and modules. Use the arrows to navigate between modules. Click the Table of Contents breadcrumb to return to the Table of Contents page.
Below are some additional features available from the topic’s page. Note: The availability of each option listed will depend on the type of topic being viewed.
- Click the Add Bookmark icon to bookmark a topic. Click the Bookmarks link on the left-hand side of the main Table of Contents page to access your bookmarked topics.
- Click the View content in new window icon to open the topic in a new window.
- Click the Download button to download the topic. NOTE: Content available online in LEARN (e.g., media presentations), may not work when downloaded to your computer.
- Click the Print button to print the topic.
Note: Automatic completion tracking is subject to the settings chosen for your specific course. Some courses may require you to manually indicate that you have completed/viewed the topic, and some courses may not use any completion tracking.
The number displayed beside the Table of Contents link indicates the total number of topics in your course that have not yet been viewed/completed. The number displayed beside each module indicates the number of topics that have not yet been viewed/completed within that specific module.
Viewed/completed topics will also be indicated by a checkmark on the right-hand side of the Table of Contents page. A dot will appear for items you have not viewed/completed. You can also see your overall progress at the top of the page.
You can bulk download course content by clicking on the Download button at the top of the Table of Contents page. In the example below, the entire Table of Contents is selected. Click a specific module below the Table of Contents link to download only that module. NOTE: Content available online in LEARN (e.g., media presentations), may not work when downloaded to your computer.
Save the ZIP file created to your computer.
Note: If you are downloading an ePortfolio presentation ZIP file DO NOT extract the content or you will not be able to Import/Upload the package to your own ePortfolio.
Extract the files from the ZIP file:
- On a PC, right-click the ZIP file and choose "Extract All".
- On a Mac, double-click the file and the Archive Utility application will unzip the contents.
- If you don't have a default system program, you may need to download an unzip program such as CAM UnZip, 7-Zip, WinZip for Windows, or Stuffit Expander for Mac/OS X.
Open the folder that gets created when the ZIP file is extracted and then open the file called Table of Contents.html to navigate through the content you have downloaded.