Dana Porter Library, Room 251C
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x33012
- To meet the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Standard, the Library has:
- We have created a Toolkit to help assist staff with turning the requirements of the legislation into everyday practices.
- In order to increase accessibility throughout, barrier-free design is a priority for library renovations.
- In compliance with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2001), the Library published its Accessibility Plan in 2003.
- As part of the plan, the Library surveyed the information and accessibility needs of students with disabilities. The survey was carried out in conjunction with the former Office for Persons with Disabilities.
- In 2004, the Ross and Doris Dixon Charitable Foundation created an Adaptive Technology Fund to assist with purchasing equipment and furnishings that enhance the Library's services to persons with disabilities. The inaugural purchase by the Library was a colour video magnifier to be used by patrons with low vision. We are grateful to the Foundation for their continuing support.