Dana Porter Library, Room 251C
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x33012
Library books in an alternate format
- The Library provides you with access to over 500,000 e-books! See the Ebooks @ uWaterloo guide to learn more.
- Found the perfect book for your topic, but it's in print? Ask about the Accessible Content E-Portal (ACE) repository of print library materials in accessible formats.
- The repository is a great resource for searching for print library material that has already been digitized.
You can also request that material be scanned and added to the repository.
Alternative formats include PDF, DAISY, TXT and ePUB.
You will need a unique token (password) to use the ACE repository. Tokens are available from the library.
- Need e-text right away? The Adaptive Technology Centre study rooms have scanners and software for quick, do-it-yourself conversion.
- Contact Library Accessibility Services if you need a library book converted to electronic or other alternate format.
Library handouts in alternate format
Library handouts are available online in alternate formats.
Textbooks in alternate format
Visit the Accessibility Services website for information on how to request textbooks available in alternate formats, whether Braille, large print, or electronic files.
Other alternate format services
- Do you want to read an ebook or listen to an audio book? Here is a listing of free ebooks from our Waterloo Reads collection.
- Your public library can help you find accessible formats through the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA).
- Membership with CELA gives you access to Bookshare, an accessible online library of over 185,000 titles!