Dana Porter Library, Room 251C
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x33012
Commitment and responsibilities
- The University of Waterloo Library will provide users with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected significant disruption in services typically used by persons with disabilities.
- The notice will include information about reasons for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternate facilities and services, if available.
- The notice will be placed at all public entrances, service counters, the Adaptive Technology Centre, and other areas as appropriate.
- That we create practices related to significant service disruptions for the ramps, doors and automatic door openers, elevators, washrooms and Adaptive Technology Centre.
- The action(s) taken to communicate the disruptions depend(s) on the duration and significance of the disruption. For example, the library website would be used to notify of a planned or significant disruption.
- Local practices for handling and communicating local service issues be documented.
- For temporary blockages, such as ice, snow or an obstacle, patrons may use the ramp at the side entrance (facing Needles Hall):
- From Monday to Friday, between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, the contact is the systems help desk at 519-888-4567 x32405.
- We will need at least 15 minutes warning.
- The staff member will either turn off the alarm, or arrange for someone to turn it off.
- The staff member will meet the person at the side door to let them in.
- When the patron is ready to exit the library, s/he will use the above procedure via the extension phone on the main floor. Staff at the circulation or information desks may also assist.
- The back-up contact is facilities management at 519-888-4567 x32649.
- Download and modify the 'quick-use' template for service disruptions.