Dana Porter Library, Room 328
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x32795
The following table includes links to interactive online mapping, and digitized static maps and atlases. Please note that many of these resources do not offer downloadable geospatial data. For access to geospatial data please visit our geospatial data resources pages.
|Region of Waterloo||1, 7, 11, 14-18||interactive|
|City of Kitchener interactive mapping||City of Kitchener||1, 7, 11, 14-18||interactive|
|GIS locator||Regional Municipality of Waterloo||1, 11, 14-18||interactive||query and analysis functions|
|2001 Census atlas for Kitchener CMA||Statistics Canada||8||static||static maps and methodology created by staff at the Geospatial Centre|
|Southwestern Ontario||Bruce county map factory||Bruce county||1, 7, 9, 11, 14-17||interactive||query functions|
|City of Guelph||City of Guelph||1, 7, 11, 14-18||interactive, static||interactive map and various static maps|
|County of Essex interactive map||Essex county||1, 11, 14-17||interactive|
Grand River Information Network (GRIN)
|Grand River Conservation Authority||1, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14-17||interactive||registration required|
|Grey county online interactive mapping||County of Grey||1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 17||interactive|
|Oxford Online interactive maps||Oxford county||1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14-18||interactive||query functions|
(opens only with Inernet Explorer or Netscape)
|Wellington county||1, 4, 7, 9, 14-17||interactive||query functions|
|Map my city||Windsor, Ontario||1, 5, 7, 11, 14-17.||interactive||query functions|
|Huron county online interactive mapping||Huron county||1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17||interactive|
|Interactive maps: city of london||city of London||1, 4, 7, 8, 14, 17||interactive|
|Simcoe online Geographic Information System||Simcoe county||interactive|
|Eastern Ontario||City of Kingston interactive map||City of Kingston||1, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17||interactive||add shape, kml or wms files, save/ print map|
|Golden Horseshoe||Explore Ajax||Town of Ajax||1, 5, 7, 9, 14-17||interactive||query functions|
|Brampton maps||City of Brampton||1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14-18||interactive||query and analysis functions|
|City of Burlington interactive mapping||City of of Burlington||1, 7, 11, 14-17||interactive|
|Map.Hamilton||City of Hamilton||1, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14-18||interactive||query and analysis functions|
|Navigate Markham||Town of Markham||1, 5, 7, 15-17||interactive|
|Town of Milton mapping online||Town of Milton||1, 5, 7, 14, 16, 17||interactive, static|
|EMaps||City of Mississauga||1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14-18||interactive||query and analysis|
|City of Mississauga street guide||City of Mississauga||1, 8, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17||interactive|
|Navigate Newmarket Community||Town of Newmarket||1, 5, 7, 11, 14, 16, 17||interactive|
|Niagara Falls maps: interactive mapping site||Niagara, city of||1, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14-18||interactive|
|Niagara navigator||Niagara Region||1, 5, 7, 11, 14-18||interactive|
|Regional municipality of Niagara||Regional municipality of Niagara|
|Explore Oakville||Town of Oakville||1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14-17||interactive|
|Richmond Hill explorer||Town of Richmond Hill||1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14-17||interactive|
|Map Toronto||Toronto maps||1, 7, 11, 14, 16, 17|
|Greater Toronto Area: digital mapping project||University of Toronto||N/A||static||Historical Mapping Project for G.T.A.|
|Geographic Information System (GIS) services Welland||City of Welland||1, 7, 11, 14-17||interactive|
|Explore Whitby||Town of Whitby||1, 5, 7, 9, 14-17||interactive|
|York explorer||York region||1, 8-11, 14-18||interactive|
|Ontario||LIO internet map browser system||Land Information Ontario||
|Maps of southern and central Ontario, ca 1951||Archives of Ontario||
|static||scanned historical maps of southern and central Ontario|
|Ontario county atlas maps||McGill University||
|static||digitized 1880 County Maps of Ontario|
|Ontario Geological Survey of Canada||Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines||
|static||scanned maps of OGS map sheets|
|Ontario basic mapping data||Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources||1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14-18||interactive|
|Ontario wind resource atlas||Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources||1, 3, 14, 16, 17, 18||interactive|
|Ottawa||Atlas of Ottawa||City of Ottawa||1, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17||interactive|
|Muskoka||Muskoka web map||District of Muskoka GIS department||1, 9, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18||interactive|
|Huntsville||Town of Huntsville, city map||Town of Hunstville|
|Canada||Atlas of Suburbanisms||University of Waterloo||5, 8,||static|
|Canadian Soil Information Systems||Cansis||1, 12,||interactive, static|
|Geobase||Canadian council on geomatics||1, 9, 14, 16, 17||interactive|
|Canadian Wind Energy Atlas||Environment Canada||1, 3, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18||interactive|
|Esri portal||Geography Network Canada||1-18||interactive|
|GeoDepot||Statistics Canada||1,2, 8,16||interactive, static|
|Search map 2006 or 2011||Statistics Canada||1, 8, 16||interactive|
|Toporama||14||static||static topographic maps; NTS 1:50,000 and 1:250,000|
|Geomatics Yukon||Yukon Government||1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17,||interactive|
Query functions may include: searching, sorting, identifying, table and spatial queries.
Analysis functions may include: classification features, proximity tools, layer editing and other.
- Administrative and political boundaries.
- Agriculture and farming: may include irrigation, aquaculture, herding, pests and disease affecting crops and livestock, rearing of animals or cultivation of plants.
- Atmospheric and climative: may include atmospheric processes such as cloud cover, weather, climate change, precipitation.
- Biologic and ecologic: may include flora, fauna, such as wildlife, ecology, wilderness, sea life, wetlands, habitats.
- Business: may include labour, revenue, commerce, industry, tourism.
- Economic: may include forestry, fisheries, hunting, exploration of minerals, oil, gas.
- Cadastral and Land Description: may include land use, such as zoning maps, cadastral surveys, land ownership.
- Cultural and demographic: may include characteristics of societies and cultures, such as education, demographic data, recreational areas and activities, census information.
- Elevation and derived products: may include altitude, bathymetry, DEM, slope and derivative products.
- Environmental: may include environmental resources, protection and conservation, such as pollution, waste storage and treatment, nature reserves.
- Facilities and structures: may include man-made construction, such as buildings, museums, churches, factories, housing, monuments and towers.
- Geologic and geophysical: may include geological, geophysical, and other earth science information such as minerals, rock information, earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, soils, erosion.
- Human health and disease: may include human health and disease, health services, human ecology and safety, such as human disease, illness, hygiene, mental and physical health.
- Imagery and base maps: may include base maps, such as land cover, topographic maps, air photo imagery and satellite imagery.
- Water resources: may include water features and drainage systems, such as rivers, glaciers, lakes, water use plans, dams, currents, floods, water quality, hydrographic charts.
- Locations and geodetic nets: may include positional information and services, such as addresses, geodetic networks, postal zones and services, control points, place names.
- Transportation networks: may include transportation networks such as roads, airports, tunnels, nautical charts, railways.
- Utility networks: may include energy, water, waste systems, and communications infrastructure and services, sewage collection and disposal, electricity and gas distribution.