We're back! Musagetes Architecture Library has reopened to our University of Waterloo community of students, faculty, and staff, and we're excited to welcome you all back into our physical and virtual spaces.
Whether you've spent many hours in Musagetes or this is your first week at Waterloo, here is all the information you need to get started using the library this term!
Our hours this term are:
Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Working late? The Library's Ask us chat and email service is staffed by real people:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and weekends, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- All of our individual study spaces are available for drop-in use
- Our group study tables are available at 50% capacity
- Our bookable study room can be reserved for up to 3 hours a day per person if you need a quiet space for virtual library consultations, counselling appointments, or co-op interviews - contact us to book
Our bookstacks remain CLOSED to all users. Feel free to browse the shelves, but please request items in Omni, our library catalogue. Items available at Musagetes will be ready to pickup from our Help Desk within 1 day.
Not in Cambridge? Many of our print items are temporarily available electronically through HathiTrust. You can also request to have sections or articles digitized and delivered by email, or have books mailed to your Canadian address for free! Learn more about our book pickup and delivery services.
Speaking of Omni, our catalogue... it doesn't just search items at Musagetes or all Waterloo libraries - it searches the library catalogues of 16 Ontario university libraries! That's over 23.5 million items! You can easily request items from any partner library in the catalogue and it will arrive in just a few days.
We are continuing to provide most of our services virtually, to ensure they're accessible whether you're on campus or learning from a distance.
Contact us to:
- book a virtual research consultation with our subject librarian, get help with developing a search strategy, or ask questions about citations and copyright
- get GIS data and software instruction or assistance
- book a visit to our rare book reading room (please include a list of the items you would like to view - discoverable in Omni, our catalogue)
- request we purchase a resource to support your teaching, learning, and research - you can also suggest a purchase to help diversify our collections!
- book our study room for virtual library consultations, counselling appointments, or co-op interviews
Didn't find the information you were looking for? Drop into the Library to chat with staff or contact us through the website. We're here to help!