Architecture students can access all of the resources provided by the Geospatial Centre on the Waterloo campus here at Musagetes.
Learn more about what GIS is and what it can do for you on our GIS for Architecture research guide.
You can access GIS data by:
- searching the Geospatial data catalogue
- downloading files directly from the Scholars GeoPortal (you may be asked to log in)
- browsing free online data resources on the GIS for architecture subject guide
If you're interested in accessing data from our catalogue, please contact us to arrange a time to discuss your needs and collect the data.
Before taking any files, you will be asked to agree to our data release conditions.
Our library has a dedicated GIS terminal, equipped with:
- Google Earth Pro
Contact us to arrange instruction on any of these programs. Tutorials will be customized to your needs and can be done on an individual or small-group basis.
We are here to support classroom use of GIS technologies. We can do this by:
- providing in-class instruction and technical support
- facilitating introductory workshops
- helping you find, access and compile resources
- creating tailored web or print guides
To discuss how we can help you, please contact us.