Starting the week of 2 November, the Musagetes Book Pickup service includes materials from the Dana Porter Library, Davis Centre Library, Witer Learning Resource Centre, and the Conrad Grebel Milton Good Library. This service is available for the University’s faculty, students, and postdoctoral fellows who require access to materials in the print collections.
How to place requests
- Search for the items you want in the Omni catalogue.
- Sign into the catalogue using your WatIAM credentials.
- Note: At this time, there are no holds or recalls placed on items currently on loan, and the name release service is suspended.
- In the item detail, you will see two options:
- Get it from a Waterloo library
- Request a digitized chapter/article/excerpt
- Select Get it from a Waterloo library to access the request form
- Change the Pickup Location to Musagetes Architecture Library – Cambridge
- Add a comment if desired
- You will see a "Your request was successfully placed" message and be able to see your request in your Omni library account.
- Requests close at 9:00AM each Thursday morning for pick-up between 12:00 noon and 2:00PM on Friday.
- Library staff will contact you if there are any available digital versions or other questions about your requests
Pickup procedures and times
- Requests will be processed on Thursdays for pickup on Friday between 12:00 noon and 2:00PM. You will receive notification for each print item that is available for pickup. You do not need to book a pickup appointment, just come during that time period.
- Items will be signed out to you ahead of time. If you miss the pickup window, please email libARCH@library.uwaterloo.ca.
- Bring your WatCard ID to pick up your items.
- Wear a mask.
- Enter the School of Architecture from the front entrance on Melville St; follow the physical distancing instructions from the security guard as you enter.
- Items will be set out in a pile for you on a table in the atrium, identified by your name. If you have requested more items than you can carry, please bring a clean bag.
- Exit through the rear doors to the patio area.
Returning borrowed items
Library items can be returned to Musagetes Library on Fridays between 12:00 noon and 2:00PM. There are limited bins available each week, so if you are planning to return more than 10 items, please email libARCH@uwaterloo.ca to make arrangements.
- Wear a mask, and show your UW ID to the security guard in the main entrance off Melville St. There will be empty bins for you placed next to the library pick-up table.
- Books will remain on your library account for 1-2 weeks after you have physically returned them to the building.
- You may return books to Main Campus outdoor bins at any time: https://uwaterloo.ca/library/book-return-bins-campus