You can now request items from 16 Ontario university libraries through Omni, our Library catalogue, and have them delivered to your preferred pickup location, including mailed to your Canadian address for free, through our book pickup and delivery service.
This service is available for the University’s faculty, students, and postdoctoral fellows who require access to materials in the print collections. Learn more about book pickup and delivery services, or see below for instructions.
Requesting library resources
- Place your request through Omni, the Library's catalogue.
- After locating the item, sign in using your WatIAM credentials.
- If the item is available at a Waterloo Library:
- You will see “available at..”
- Click on this, and select either
- “Get it from a Waterloo Library” OR
- “Request a digitized chapter/article/excerpt”
- If it’s not available at a Waterloo library:
- Click on “Not available locally, click for more options”
- Select “Get it from another library”
- Fill out the appropriate details and select your preferred pickup location from the drop-down list.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will see a "Your request was successfully placed" message and you will also be able to see your request in your library account.
Returning borrowed items
Library items can be returned any time the School of Architecture is open. Please place items in the drop box slot located in the hallway between the Library and the front office on the second floor.
Books may remain on your library account for up to three days after you have returned them. See other options for returning library materials.
Temporary changes to our borrowing policies
The following have been suspended, due to COVID-19:
- Holds on physical items that are already signed out
- Name release