- Directory of Open Access Journals: DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes - and provides access to - high-quality, peer-reviewed Open Access journals.
- Searchable subject repositories:
- Browser extensions (Chrome and Firefox): will try to find an Open Access version of paywalled articles, by searching for an article's digital object identifier (DOI), which can look like this: https://doi.org/10.1515/jah-2016-0020
- OApen Library: the OAPEN Library contains freely-accessible academic books, mainly in the area of humanities and social sciences
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB): the primary aim of DOAB is to increase discoverability of Open Access books
- Government of Canada Open Data
- Ontario Open Data
- Region of Waterloo Open Data: contains data from Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and Region-wide
For more sources of open data, and help with finding and using data, please see the Library's Open Data Guide.
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching and learning materials that are freely available online for everyone to use, whether you are an instructor, student or self-learner. OER can include: full courses, course modules, syllabi, lectures, homework assignments, quizzes, lab and classroom activities, pedagogical materials, games, simulations and more. The OER page provides more information about OER, and how to create your own.
- OER Commons
- Efficiently browse, search and evaluate over 50,000 OER at the OER Commons.
- BC Campus OpenEd
- The British Columbia Open Textbook Project repository.
- eCampus Ontario Open Textbook Library
- College Open Textbooks
- Here you can find open peer reviewed textbooks sorted by subject matter.
- Commonwealth of Learning Oasis
- "Oasis is COL's online institutional repository of all publications."
- Open Professionals Education Network - Find OER
- MIT Open Courseware
- "MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity".
- OpenStax CNX
- "Free educational material in small modules that can be organized as courses, books, reports or other academic assignments" put together by Rice University.
- The Orange Grove
- The repository for Florida's Open Educational Resource Project.