Boehmer family fonds. - 1892-1937, predominant 1900-1937.
45 cm. of textual records.
R. Boehmer & Co. was a fuel business in Berlin (now Kitchener, Ontario) founded by Reinhardt Boehmer, who originally began selling limestone to the building trades in 1875 and later sold coal, wood, and other fuels and equipment. The Boehmer family remained in ownership of the company until 1965. In 1973 the business was sold to the St. Lawrence Cement Co. (Source: Clarke, Mavis M. "Kitchener's century firms honored," _Waterloo Historical Society_ 75 (1988): 35-46.)
Fonds consists of two volumes, one a letter book R. Boehmer & Co., 1900-1908, and the other the minute book of the Kitchener, Waterloo and Bridgeport Coal Dealers Association, 1919-1936. E.S. Boehmer was secretary of the Association and H. Boehmer was a member. Also included is a small amount of ephemera.
- Title from content of the fonds.
- Donated in 1990 by the Boehmer family, via Dr. Kenneth M. McLaughlin.
Call number: GA 121