Dominion Life Assurance Company
Dominion Life Assurance Company head office : photograph. - 1939.
1 photograph : b&w ; 20 x 26 cm.
The Dominion Life Assurance Company was established in 1889. In 1912 Dominion Life moved to their new head office at 14 Erb Street west, a building formerly owned by the Ontario Mutual Life Assurance Company. In 1956 the Lincoln National Life Insurance Company of Fort Wayne acquired controlling shares, but continued to operate the company under its incorporated name. The company was bought by Manulife in 1985.
The file consists of one photograph of the employees of the head office of the Dominion Life Assurance Company in Waterloo, Ontario. The photograph was taken July 1939. The employees are standing in front of the building at 14 Erb Street West.
- Title from content of the fonds.
- Extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space as occupied by the fond.
- Donated in 2016 by Jessica Blackwell.
Call number: GA 283