R.A. Haney collection of legal instruments - 1738-1862.
1 oversize folder.
The collection consists of six British legal instruments, on vellum used by R.A. Haney when teaching law courses. Includes:
- Richard Knight and Elizabeth Collyer to John Hilde, assignment of lease of land, July 20, 1738;
- John Ball and Elizabeth Ball to John Hyde, partitioning of land, December 23, 1754;
- John Ball and wife to John Hyde, assignment of land, March 14, 1757;
- George Elwes and John Elwes to Mr. George Lockett, reassignment of land, April 28, 1801;
- Benjamin Wall and Joseph Malden, lease, May 31, 1852; and
- George Lockett to George Winter, reassignment of land, July 3, 1862 and George Winter to John Wright reassignment of land and John Wright to John Hyde reassignment of land.
- Title from content of the collection.
- Good condition, vellum is clean and not brittle.
- Extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space as occupied by the accrual.
- Donated by R.A. Haney in 1999
- Collection finding aid available only - no file level records created.
- Note that the legal instruments do not make up a part of the history of the law firm, and were only used to teach.
Call number: GA 246