Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship.
2 linear inches.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship was formed as a separate group in 1943. Its beginnings were in the International Club of the Kitchener-Waterloo YWCA headed by Mrs. W.P. Clement. Its membership was made up of new and native Canadians, other national groups, community groups, service clubs, and women's organizations.
The Council offered language classes, a scholarship fund, special events, and other activities.
This group of materials was donated by Mrs. Colleen Gildner. It is made up of her mother's (Mrs. F. Maines') notebook as a member of the Executive and related materials collected by Mrs. Maines.
- For additional material on Mrs. Maines please see GA64: Fred and Minnie Maines Collection and Kitchener-Waterloo YWCA Papers.
Call number: GA 76