Longfellow, Ethel Carol and Anne Sewall
Ethel Carol and Anne Sewall Longfellow scrapbook. - 1902-1906.
11 cm of textual records (1 v.)
Ethel Carol Longfellow (b. 1881) and Anne Sewall Longfellow (b. 1883) were born in Byfield, Massachusetts to Horace and Hannah Longfellow on the family farm. The two sisters attended Smith College, both graduating in the class in 1906. After college both Anne and Ethel moved to Boston and worked in the stenographic and secretarial fields.
Fonds consists of one scrapbook assembled by Ethel and Anne Longfellow during their attendance at Smith College, Massachusetts between 1902-1906. The scrapbook contains correspondence, photographs, programmes, clippings, notes and ephemera detailing the academic and social life of the sisters.
- Title from content of the fonds
- Extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space as occupied by the fonds.
- Note that some materials have come loose from the scrapbook and are now housed in an accompanying file folder.
- Purchased from Chatham Bookseller, catalogue 43 #321, Oct. 4 1973.
- View the Longfellow scrapbook
Call number: WA 23