Alice Munro/W. R. Martin Reference Materials. - 1968-1994 (originally created 1950-1994).
1 m of textual records. - 3 audio cassettes.
Collection consists primarily of photocopied material used and annotated by Dr. Walter Martin for his book Alice Munro: Paradox and Parallel, published in 1987 by the University of Alberta Press. This includes articles written by Alice Munro, short stories, interviews, biographical and critical articles, as well as paperback copies of her books. Also present is a photocopied proof copy of Moons of Jupiter, a collection of short stories by A. Munro published by Macmillan of Canada in 1982, sent to Dr. Martin by Douglas Gibson of Macmillan. Additional material includes audio recordings of Alice Munro reading her own works and of an interview done with her by Peter Gzowski for “This Country in the Morning.”
The collection is arranged in 5 series:
- Works by Alice Munro: Published;
- Works by Alice Munro: Manuscripts (Proofs);
- Works About Alice Munro;
- Sound Recordings;
- Title from original finding aid.
- The Alice Munro collection was donated to Special Collections in 1987 by Dr. Walter Martin of the University of Waterloo Department of English.
- Detailed finding aid available. Finding aid prepared in 1993; revised 1994, 1998 and again in 2010.
- Several accruals have been made since the initial donation.
- Related records can be found in GA243, Alice Munro/Walter Martin reference materials : 2013 accrual.
Call number: GA 85
Alice Munro/Walter Martin reference materials : 2013 accrual. - 1973-1998.
13 cm of textual records. - 1 audio cassette.
Accrual is comprised of materials by and about Alice Munro that were collected by Walter Martin and Warren Ober for their research. Includes articles, critiques, short stories and one sound recording.
Arranged in series as follows:
1.1. Works by Alice Munro: Published: Articles
1.3. Works by Alice Munro: Published: Short Stories Published Seperately
3. Works about Alice Munro
4. Sound Recordings
- Title from content of the collection.
- Extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space as occupied by the accrual.
- Donated by Walter Martin.
- Series structure follows that of the original finding aid so not all series numbers appear.
- English and French.
- Related records can be found in GA 85, Alice Munro/W. R. Martin Reference Materials.
Call number: GA 243