Tony Makuch (BSc ’82), president and CEO of Kirkland Lake Gold, was named The Northern Miner's Mining Person of the Year for 2019.
J. Robert Logan (BSc ’82) was appointed Advisor to AMI’s board of directors, in support of its strategic business interests and goals in 2020.
- CivicAction, a leading not-for-profit in Canada, appointed Leslie Woo (BES 0’83, BArch ’84, MPlan ’19) as CEO.
- Sandra Hanington (BASc ’85) was appointed to Aimia's board of directors, Governance and Nominating Committee. She is also committee chair.
Canada’s Building Trades Unions welcomed Sean Strickland (BA ’86) as its Canadian director.
Venkatesh Raman (MMath ’86, PhD ’91) was elected Secretary/Treasurer for India Council of World’s Leading Computing Association.
Mike McCaig (BASc ’87) was named the new VP of operations for Atlas Roofing's shingle and underlayment division.
Michelle DiEmanuele (BA ’87) was appointed to the Order of Ontario for her community leadership and senior executive roles in government.
Caralyn Bennett (BASc ’87) was appointed to the board of directors at Acceleware, an innovator in clean-tech oil and gas technologies.
Peter Ng (BASc ’90) was appointed as the first chief revenue officer at BFS Capital.
Sharon Bowes (BA ’90) was inducted to the Waterloo Region Hall of Fame.
- MediPharm Labs appointed Chris Taves (BMath ’94) to its board of directors.
- Barbara Zvan (MMath ’95) was named the first CEO of University Pension Plan Ontario.
SRHI Inc. appointed Michael Staresinic (BMath 0’96) to its board of directors. He also serves as the company’s president and CFO.
Wayne Gomes (BASc ’98) was appointed Chief Innovation Officer of Grapevine6, a patented social and digital sales engagement platform. Wayne is also a co-founder of the company.
Labelbox appointed Ed Chan (BASc ’98) VP of Engineering.
SAP named Anuj Kapur (BASC ’98) as the head of corporate development and strategy. He will lead SAP’s growth strategy.
Wendy Franks (BASc '98 MASc ’00) was appointed Executive VP, Strategy and Investment Management at Northland Power Inc.
Mike Orr (BASc ’00) was appointed CEO of Grapevine6, a patented social and digital sales engagement platform. Mike is also a co-founder of the company.
David (Jerry) Chan (BASc ’00) was appointed president and CEO of TAAL Distributed Information Technologies Inc.
Dillon Consulting named Shayne Giles (BASc ’00, MASc ’03) as president. He also serves on the board of directors, and as the executive director for strategic projects and talent management.
Northern College named Audrey Penner (BSc ’00) as its new president and CEO. She takes the role after serving as the VP of academic and student success for six years.
Michelle Pearce (BA ’00) released her third book, Night Bloomers: 12 Principles for Thriving in Adversity.
- Avery Pennarun (BASC ’01) was appointed to DRT Cyber Inc.’s board of directors.
- Lianne Hannaway (BMath ’02, MAcc 0’02) was elected to the board of directors at HeyBryan Media Inc.
8 Air Maintenance Squadron welcomed Lt. Col. Adam Emond (BMath ’03) as its new commanding officer.
Melanie Nadeau (BASc ’03) was appointed CEO of the Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
DarwinAI, led by Sheldon Fernandez (BASc ’01), Javad Shafiee (PhD ’17), Arif Virani (BASc ’05) and Alexander Wong (BASc ’05, MASc ’07, PhD ’10), was named to the 2020 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startups.
Hosam Abdulrrazek (BMath ’05) was made partner at BDO Canada’s Toronto office. He joins the firm’s technology consulting practice.
Masroor Mahmud (BMath ’06) was appointed GE's CEO for Pakistan.
Dr. Angela Lambrakos (BSc ’06) began her medical practice with the Lakeview Family Health Team in Brighton, Ontario.
Kathyrn Sinclair (BA ’07) was appointed VP, Strategy and Operation, at CSIO's Centre for Study of Insurance Operations.
- Danielle Wilson (MPH ’11) is the new executive director at Noojmowin Teg Health Centre on Manitoulin Island.
- Russna Somal (BA ’13) was chosen by the Burrard Arts Foundation for its 2020 residency program.
- Taytum Clairmont (MBET ’19) was honoured by U Sports as a second-team all-Canadian.