According to Statistics Canada, Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods graduates are among the top earners in the workplace. Clearly, graduates with quantitative skills and technical expertise gain a competitive advantage in the workforce.
The Graduate Diploma in Data Analytics will equip students with the tools to analyze data in order to increase organizations’ efficiency and profitability. The diploma’s academic and institutional objectives are twofold:
- Offer graduate-level professional education in the emerging area of data analytics to professionals at all levels of organizations and across different industries, as well as students who are eager to deepen their analytics skills.
- Provide a rigorous foundation for students who plan to do applied research in data analytics.
Students will learn to use data analytics to benefit organizations at all stages in their lifecycle, including:
- Explaining what has happened with descriptive analytics
- Foreseeing future scenarios with predictive analytics
- Designing best policies with prescriptive analytics
The structure and length of the GDDA are the same as the MMSc program. All MMSc students should complete 8 courses to receive the degree and the expected duration of the degree is one year (three terms). Upon entering the MMSc program, students can decide to pursue the GDDA by taking specific courses. All MMSc students should take four core required courses:
- MSCI 603 Principles of Operations Research
- MSCI 605 Organizational Theory & Behaviour
- MSCI 607 Applied Economics for Management
- MSCI 609 Quantitative Data Analysis for Management Sciences
Students who wish to obtain the GDDA should take four additional courses, three required and one elective courses:
- MSCI 718 Statistical Methods for Data Analytics
- MSCI 719 Operations Analytics
- MSCI 723 Big Data Analytics
- A pre-approved elective course. See the GDDA Elective Approval form.
The Graduate Diploma in Data Analytics does not have its own admission requirements, as it is not a stand-alone program. Interested students must apply to the Master of Management Sciences (MMSc) program and be admitted according to posted admission requirements. Upon entering the MMSc program, students can pursue the diploma specific courses.
Want to know more? Contact us!