- Decision Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Game Theory
- Perceptual Analysis
- Systems Thinking
- 2006, Doctorate, Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo, Department of Systems Design Engineering
- 2006, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Sciences, University of Waterloo
- 2002, Master's, Master of Applied Science in Management Sciences, University of Waterloo, Department of Management Sciences
- 1990, Bachelor's, B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Jordan, Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Obeidi, A., Kilgour, D.M., and Hipel, K.W., "Perceptual Graph Model Systems." Group Decision and Negotiation, Vol. 18, No. 3: pp. 261-277, 2009. (Accepted in 2008)
- Obeidi, A., Kilgour, D.M., and Hipel, K.W., "Perceptual Stability Analysis of a Graph Model System", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A, Humans and Systems, Vol. 39, No. 5: 993-1006, 2009. (Accepted in 2008)
- Hipel, K.W., Obeidi, A., Fang, L., and Kilgour, D.M., "Adaptive Systems Thinking in Integrated Water Resources Management with Insights into Conflicts over Water Exports." INFOR, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 51-70, 2008. (Accepted in 2008)
- Obeidi, A., Hipel, K.W., and Kilgour, D.M., "Turbulence in Miramichi Bay: The Burnt Church Conflict over Native Fishing Rights." Journal of the American Water Resource Association, Vol. 42, No. 6: pp. 1629-1645, 2006. (Accepted in 2006)
- Obeidi, A., Hipel, K.W., and Kilgour, D.M., "The Role of Emotions in Envisioning Outcomes in Conflict Analysis." Journal of Group Decision and Negotiation, Vol. 14, No. 6: pp. 481-500, 2005. (Accepted in 2005)
- Obeidi, A., Hipel, K.W., and Kilgour, D.M., "Perception and Emotion in the Graph Model for Conflict Resolution." Special session on Conflict and Risk Analysis in Systems Management in Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Hawaii, October 9-12, 2005, pp. 1126-1131, 2005. (Finalist in the Best Student Paper Award.) (Accepted in 2005)
- Obeidi, A. "Perceptual Graphs Models for Interdependent Strategic Decisions with Asymmetrical Outcomes." Invited Talk and Presentation at the Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute for Computer Science, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, June 25, 2010.
- Obeidi, A., "Systems Thinking for the Strategic Analysis of Complex Confrontations", October 2007, the Bi-Annual Meeting TTCP JSA AG 14: Complex Adaptive Systems for Defence, which was organized by the Centre for Operational Research and Analysis, Defence R&D Canada, October 2007, Shirley's Bay in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Shakun, M., Martinovski, B., Obeidi, A., and Sudit, E. "Connectedness and Intercultrual Negotiation." A panellist at the International Meeting on Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN2010), organized by the INFORMS Section on Group Decision and Negotiation, the EURO Working on Group Decision and Negotiation Support, and the EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems, Delft, The Netherlands, June 21-23, 2010.