Steps to hiring co-op students
1. Visit key sections of the HIRE Waterloo website:
2. Fill out the online Job Registration Form [under 'Disciplines of Interest,' scroll to 'MASTERS-Public Service'].
3. Sit back and relax:
- Your job is placed in JobMine, uWaterloo's online recruitment system
- You will receive an email confirmation when it is posted and when your applications are available.
4. Review résumés of applicants online through JobMine and/or on your own if students applied directly to your posting.
5. Select the applicants you wish to interview online through JobMine.
6. Create your interview schedule or contact the Centre for Co-operative Education and Career Action for assistance.
Choose your preferred method for interviewing:
7. Interview students at the Tatham Centre on Waterloo's campus or by telephone or video.
8. Following interviews, rank your desired applicant(s) through JobMine.
- How does the matching system work?
9. You will be notified of your match results via email.
- You can also view JobMine on your own and check under hiring history in your file to see your match.
10. Didn't get a match?
- The Centre for Co-operative Education and Career Action will contact you.
- Not to worry! If you did not receive a match in the first interview cycle, you will have more opportunities in other interview cycles.
If you have any questions at any time, please contact the Centre for Co-operative Education and Career Action:
- Phone: 1-877-928-4473
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(re-posted from the HIRE Waterloo website)