Here are some steps we have used to resolve issues with the installation. Call the MFCF Help Centre (x36323) if you need assistance or if these steps don't work.
Symptom: You see a pop up error windows "We weren't able to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to org resources might be limited." Error code: CAAA50024
Action: This is because device registration is not enabled for the University of Waterloo. The applications will work. Acknowledge the error and continue working.
Symptom: You don't see the O365 applications in the Start Menu.
Action: Repair or reinstall O365.
- Go to Software Center (use search to open it)
- In the Applications list, find Licensed - Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus and click on it
- You should see buttons to uninstall and repair. Choose repair.
- If the above steps don't work, reboot
- Open Software Centre again and find Licensed - Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus and click on it
- Click on the Install button if it appears or the Repair button
Symptom: Office 365 version is older than 16.0.12430.20264. The version is shown in the File > Account menu under About
Action: Call MFCF Help for assistance. The following command has to be run from an elevated shell.
“%programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe” /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12430.20264
Symptom: The O365 ProPlus installation fails with an error that the content can't be downloaded.
Action: Call MFCF Help for assistance. The steps below have to be done by someone with administrator access (e.g. a ! account or MFCFHelp)
- The MFCF consultant sees the message "RequestContentFromCAS RequestContent failed 0x87d01201" in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\execmgr.log
- Run Control Panel > Configuration Manager
- Go to the cache tab
- Configure cache
- Delete files