Electrical power will be shut off during this time for maintenance.
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
What you need to do:
- If you are using your MC office computer remotely, and your machine is managed (i.e. by SCCM or Jamf)
- log out by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 27th
- we will shut down the machine and start it back up afterwards
- If you are using your MC office computer remotely and your machine is standalone, (i.e. not managed by SCCM or Jamf)
- shut the machine down by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 27th
- send your office number and machine name to email@example.com so we can turn it back on afterwards
- If you're uncertain about your office computer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log out from the central Linux and Windows servers identified below
- Any files that you need during the outage should be stored as follows:
- Nonconfidential files may be stored on your laptop, in OneDrive, or on a removable device (e.g., USB stick)
- Confidential files (most personnel records, most student records) may be stored in OneDrive or on your laptop if the hard-disk is encrypted. They should not be placed in a removable storage device.
- Highly restricted files (SINs, medical records, banking records) should be transferred only to Sharepoint during the outage.
Shutdown and Restoration of MFCF Services
- Because this power outage affects only MC and will last only a couple of hours, some services will remain up:
- central file server (files.math, files.student.math, departmental drives)
- a subset of linux.math, windows.math, and teaching servers
- a subset of back-end servers
- CEMC's servers
- Most others will be shut down, including:
- all research machines hosted by MFCF in MC 3015 (owners have been notified)
- all HPC clusters (hpc-pr1, hpc-pr2, Mosaic, Riemann)
- GPU and specialty servers gpu-pr1-01, gpu-pt1-02, jupyter
- some servers in the linux.math, windows.math, and undergraduate Linux and Windows pools
- cpu131.math, cpu133.math, cpu135.math, cpu139.math, cpu147.math, cpu15.student.math, cpu19.student.math, cpu21.student.math
- greyling16, several windows.student.math servers
- Shutdown of these servers will start at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday May 27th.
- We will begin starting machines up once we are assured that the electrical work has been completed. Servers will be restarted before office machines.