Information on Information Technology (IT) and related resources has been categorized by use and/or user.
- a staff member might not only be interested in the "Resources for Staff", but might also refer to "Resources for Graduate Students".
- a faculty member would be interested in resources for "Resources for Faculty" and also "Resources for Instructors", depending on their role at the time.
The following is a common breakdown of resources (with tailored contents):
- Accounts - your University of Waterloo computer account as well as what systems it accesses.
- Communications - email, file transfer, webpages, off-campus access, social media, etc.
- Computing - Faculty provided computational resources, data/file storage, operating systems.
- Software - relevant, available, and/or installed software, UWaterloo licensed software.
- Network - connections (wireless, off-campus, etc.), public locations with access.
- Printing - how and where to print.
- Services - as provided by Math Faculty Computing Facility (MFCF) staff, not machines.