Who we are?
- Individual therapy
- Workshops and groups
- Psychological assessment
- Online resources including seminars, videos, apps, and podcasts.
Math Faculty Counsellors
Meagan and Kexin are the Faculty of Mathematics counsellors. Their offices are located beside the Mathematics Undergraduate Office (MUO) in Mathematics & Computing Building (MC) room 4019 C & D.
Meagan is available for appointments:
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday in MC 4019C.
Kexin is available for appointments:
- Monday and Tuesday in Needles Hall North.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in MC 4019D.
Their office hours are by appointment only. To book an appointment with Meagan or Kexin, please phone Counselling Services at 519-888-4567, ext. 32655 or visit their location in Needles Hall North (2nd floor) Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Why should students seek counselling?
You can speak to a counsellor about a range of issues. For example, sleep, anxiety, depression, stress management, internet use/gaming, substance use, relationship issues, suicidal ideation, sleep difficulties, loneliness, social or intimate relationships.
- Triage and recommendations
- Crisis/urgent services
- Individual Counselling (goal focused, short-term, every 3-5 weeks)
- Walk-in Wednesday and Thursdays (10:30 am to 3:30 pm). A set number of walk-in appointments are available during the above hours. These appointments often fill up quickly, so it is recommended that you go to the Needles Hall North location before walk-in hours begin to reserve your spot.
- Peer support (MATES) Tuesday and Friday 11:30 am - 1:30 pm in MC 4019E
- Coping Skills Seminars
- Challenging Thinking (identify, challenge, and modify unhelpful thinking patterns and relax using mindfulness strategies).
- Cultivating Resiliency (deal with disappointment and motivate yourself after failure).
- Thriving with Emotions (identify emotional triggers, regulate emotions and relax using guided imagery visualization).
- Empowering Habit Change (solve problems more effectively, set achievable goals, overcome obstacles and increase chances for success, and relax using progressive muscle relaxation).
- Workshops/Groups (weekly for approx. 8 weeks)
- Alleviating Anxiety
- Developing Your Compassionate Mind
- Mindfulness Meditation: a stress reduction program
- Preventing Depression Relapse
- The Body Project
- Regulating Emotions: learning skills from dialectical-behavioural therapy (DBT)
- Overcoming anxiety: a cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) group
- Dealing with depression: a cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) group
On campus, there are a variety of additional supports and resources for you: