Welcome to the University of Waterloo. We're excited to have you on board.
- Student Success Office
- University of Waterloo Library
- Centre for Teaching Excellence
- Counselling Services
- Academic Integrity
This page contains important information you need to know as a graduate student and/or teaching assistant. Please look over this information prior to your arrival in Waterloo.
CMAHRO TA Responsibilities: Harassment and Discrimination
Harassment and Discrimination are issues taken seriously by the University of Waterloo. As a TA, you have a responsibility to respond if you become aware of harassment or discrimination. This module outlines what your responsibilities are and what resources are available to assist you in responding effectively.
Note: You must self-enroll in this course. You must achieve a passing grade of 70%.
Instructions for self-enrollment and accessing the module/quiz:
- Login into Waterloo LEARN
- Click the "Self Registration" link at the top of the screen and select "CMAHRO TA Training - Mathematics"
- Find "Select a Course...." at the top of the screen and then click the link for "CMAHRO TA Training - Mathematics"
- Under the "Content Browser" heading, select "TA Orientation - Harassment and Discrimination"
- After completing the module, select "Assessments" drop down menu at the top of the screen and select "Quizzes"
- Under the "Current Quizzes" heading, select "TA Harassment & Discrimination Quiz"
At the beginning of the term, all new TAs are required to:
· complete the TA Orientation – Harassment and Discrimination online module
· complete the TA Harassment and Discrimination Quiz
Academic Integrity and Safety Training
Academic Integrity (AI) is the cornerstone of research, teaching, and learning. Members of the University of Waterloo community are expected to personally demonstrate academic integrity in their work.
All new graduate students are required to complete an online module within the first 8 weeks of the term.
It is important graduate students are familiar with the following resources:
All new graduate students must also complete computer based safety training.
Information for Teaching Assistants
Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Manual (PDF) for Faculty of Mathematics.
More information is available from your Dept/School or the Mathematics Graduate Office