All students (except for double degree students*, Computing and Financial Management (CFM)** and Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) students***) will need to select all five of your courses for your 1B term during course selection week using Quest.
* Double degree students will not see their Business (BUS) courses listed on their course selection page in Quest, as these courses will be added later.
** CFM students do not need to do course selection as the CFM program manager will enrol these students into their courses for Winter 2020.
*** CPA students only need to include their MATH, CS and AFM courses during course selection. SPCOM 111 will be added for you.
Your course selection should include:
|Your 1A course enrolment||Your 1B course selection|
|MATH 145||MATH 146 (or MATH 136)|
|MATH 137 (Physics-based section LEC 005)||MATH 138 - choose the Physics-based section- indicated in the course selection notes on the course selection offerings list.|
|MATH 147||MATH 148 (or MATH 138)|
|CS 115||CS 116|
|CS 135||CS 136 (or CS 116)|
|CS 145||CS 146 (or CS 136)|
|One communication course||
One communication course. If you are unsure about your communication course, check with your academic advisor.
|One non-math elective||One non-math elective of your choice or one elective as specified by your planned major. If you are unsure about your elective courses, check with your academic advisor.|
Be sure to check prerequisites for courses to ensure that you are aware of the requirements to take the next course. Sometimes things go wrong; read below to find out how your grades in 1A can impact your course choices in 1B
CS 115: a passing grade (50) is required to move forward into CS 116.
- A passing grade between 50 and 59 is sufficient to take CS 116.
CS 135: a grade of 60 is required to move forward into CS 136.
- Students in CS should retake CS 135 if they achieve a grade of less than 60%.
- For any other student, a passing grade between 50 and 59 is sufficient to take CS 116.
MATH 135: a grade of 60 is required to move forward into both MATH 136, MATH 239 and STAT 230.
- Students in CS (or any plan requiring MATH 239) should retake MATH 135 if they achieve a grade of less than 60%.
MATH 137: a grade of 60 is required to move forward into MATH 138.
- Students with a failing grade in MATH 137 should either enrol in MATH 137 again or MATH 127.
- For any other student, a grade between 50 and 59 is sufficient to take MATH 128.
MATH 138: a grade of 60 is required to move forward into MATH 237.
- Students with a failing grade in MATH 138 should enrol in MATH 138 again.
For more information, please contact the Mathematics Undergraduate Office (MUO), in Mathematics & Computing Building (MC) room 4022 or at 519-888-4567, ext. 33905.